In recent years, our portfolio of display projects outside the UK has expanded. We manage the complex logistics involved in staging fireworks shows in different parts of the world, often with the assistance of one or more partner companies in Europe or The Far East.
Our debut on the international stage was in 2001 when we were invited to represent the UK in the 13th International Display Competition held in Macau. Since then, we have established a reputation for staging innovative and spectacular shows throughout the world – representing the UK at a number of high-profile events and being awarded 1st place in many distinguished international competitions.
These high-profile events test not only the design skills, but also the operational management capabilities of the elite teams representing their home nation – and are intended to showcase the very best examples of the art of pyrotechnics that each country has to offer.
In 2015, Jubilee Fireworks were invited to represent the UK at the most prestigious L’International des Feux Loto-Québec competition in Montreal. Not only were we awarded the 1st place Gold Jupiter award, we are the first fireworks company in the history of the competition, to be the first to fire and win.
Major displays staged by Jubilee outside the UK (to date) include:
- Montreal (Canada) – 2015 L’International des Feux Loto-Québec – 1st Prize
- Manila (Philippines) – 4th Philippines Pyromusical Competition – 2013 – 1st Prize
- Knokke Heist (Belgium) – International Pyromusical Competition – 2014 – 1st Prize
- Monaco – Concours International de Feu d’Artifice (Champion of Champions) 2014 – Silver Trophy
- International Pyromusical Competition – Manila (Philippines) – 1st Prize 2010
- International Pyromusical Competition – Manila (Philippines) – Silver Trophy 2011
- 45th International Display Contest – Monte Carlo (Monaco) – 1st Prize 2010 (Jury and Public vote)
- Macau – 13th International Display Competition – Bronze Trophy 2001
- Nassau, Bahamas -HM The Queen Golden Jubilee – 2002
- San Sebastian (Spain) – 42nd International Display Contest – 2005
- Rome – ‘Caput Lucis’ World Fireworks Championships -2005
- Valletta (Malta) – 1st International Pyro-Musical Festival – 2006
- Maldives – New Year Celebrations 2006
- Algarve (Portugal) – International Festival of Pyrotechnics – 2007
- Hannover – 22nd International Baroque Firework Contest – 2010
- Vietnam – Danang International Fireworks Competition – 2011
As a general guide, the minimum budget for a display outside the UK is in the region of £10,000 (Sterling) – and in most cases freight and accommodation costs will be extra to this.